Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Yellowstone Day 1

The weekend of July 24th we went with Dans family to Island Park and Yellowstone. We went a day earlier then everyone, I wanted to see Yellowstone and take the kids to it. I had never been to Yellowstone before. so I wanted to go and drive around and see things I knew we would not see with Dans family.



a mama elk and her baby



this was my first time seeing real Lilly pads



Jace and Addy at the continental divide. there was this little lake by it.










two huge elk




eating some dinner.
















at the dragons mouth





there so close to the pathway. some people got so close to the buffalo trying to get back down the path.










This little baby deer was so fun to watch. It was running all around and playing. it was so so fun to see these guys in there element. I could have watched the deer running and playing all day.





















Jace and Addy at one of the hot pots I liked how this one was green. it matched Jaces shirt so I had to take a picture of it.





look at how close this buffalo was to our car. We could have stuck our hand out the window and touched it.



This picture does not show beautiful the moon was reflecting off of Yellowstone lake.

1 comment:

Matt and Amanda said...

Want to know something funny? We went to Yellowstone the 22-24th:) And I took a picture of the moon on Yellowstone lake as well, though yours turned out much better than mine!